Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Interviewing Veronika

Before our interview, I had never really talked to Veronika Reichert. All I knew was that she was an international student from Germany. Preparing for the interview, I had multiple questions for Veronika. 

Veronika is 17 years old and a sophomore here at the New Hampton School. Veronika learned of New Hampton through a friend in Germany, Max Brudler, who attended New Hampton school two years ago. Veronika came to NHS in hopes of improving her English and gaining an American experience. Veronika is happy with her experience here so far. 

I worked hard to try and get Veronika to open up, but had no luck. Veronika is a shy girl and seems to keep to herself. After sharing with me that yes, she did have a sibling, an older sister, I asked if she missed her sister and parents. She answered with "yes". I asked if she gets sad or homesick often and she said "no". She misses them but knows she will be home soon enough. Veronika did rock climbing in the fall, skiing in the winter and is trying tennis for the first time this spring. I asked her what she loves to do most and she wasn't sure. She says she likes these activities  but doesn't love them and that their is nothing she really loves to do or is passionate about. Veronika seems to have a few close friends who she is always seen around campus with laughing. She is a beautiful girl who looks like she could be a contestant on "Top Model".

No comments:

Post a Comment