Monday, March 4, 2013

Lizzie Aveson: Kindergarten Life: Essay



When? At recess during kindergarten

Where? Light and Life Christian School playground,  Azusa, California

Why? I went to school there for preschool and kindergarten

Who is there? Ciana, my best friend, and all the kids that want to challenge me at jump roping

Noises? I hear people chanting my name and hearing the rope smack against the pavement



Right when the recess bell rings it's time. All the kids know that. They always go home and practice how to beat me but that never matters. I am the best, and everybody knows it. I always have been. This one specific girl tried so hard to have the fame I did. Being the jump roping queen of the playground was a big role and when I got that title I never looked back. But one day was different. That same girl challenged me on the darkest day of the year, in the middle of fall right after lunch, right before nap time. I was exhausted from the day but I couldn't back down, it would have made me look weak. So I accepted her challenge. The usual races consisted of two people jump roping down the long pavement, about 25 feet, and come back. Whoever was the fastest got the title of King or Queen of the Playground. It was a big deal, you were the most popular kid in school and this girl wanted that fame. My best friend Ciana was always the referee. She asked if we were ready. Right when we both nodded she said "On your mark, get set, GO!" And we were off. I had a pretty good lead on her when we made the turn and I slacked off. Everybody was chanting "Go Lizzie!!", all I could do was smile. Right when I passed the finish line I fell straight to the floor. She passed me, at the last second! Nobody had expected it and we were all in shock. My title was stripped from me, I was no long the Queen, Nicole was.







2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you lean on the spacebar in the middle of writing this or something? Damn yo

    ReplyDelete