Friday, March 8, 2013

Schwings Final Post

Projects week has come to a close as I sit here typing out my final post contemplating what do focus on. This week was meant for finding inspiration as well as studying forms of it.  This first couple of days were longhand tedious but full of knowledge and experience as we talked to published poets, writers, our own teachers, and famous names such as Keith Dorrington. The hardest challenge I faced was creating my own poetry during the first session with Chelsea Woodard. I struggled as I looked at my chosen work of art, "A Pair of Shoes" by Vincent Van Gogh as my mind convulsed too many ideas at once causing me to have what I think of as a "writers block." I chuckle now as I remember this moment because I feel much more confident when tackling the creating of poetry because I know now that poetry is meant to be unstructured and simply a result of inspiration which can come from absolutely anything. My family is full of writers and I have always had a knack for writing but now after completing this week I not only enjoy it but I appreciate it and understand the creative side of writing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment