Friday, March 8, 2013

Siqi Wang- Final reflection

During the week, we went to different places and met different people. From poetry to free writing. From New Hampshire to Massachusetts. Different sessions inspired me with different ideas. I learned how to connect poems to visual arts and we need to play with poems. I learned how to spread your mind and how does TV shows work. This week has been full of inspiration. With the inspiration, I created a short story in one of my session. This is a story which inspired by a fellow student's art.
It's 2030 , every family owns a robot nowadays. You can have the robot as housekeeper, maid, babysitter, tutor, personal tennis coach, or even your life-long partner (if you are creepy enough). Robert is the new Robot which the Fords' family just bought. The Fords is not wealthy at all. They can only buy a robot like Robert because Robert is a broken one. Even though it still have perfect control system, but it lost one arm as a killer in his last owner's home. He used to be a great killer. He can use knife, sword, gun, or even just a single rope to kill his target. He failed his last mission. He supposed to kill the rich man in sleep, but he stopped because the rich guy's little son was in the cradle next to him. Maybe that's why he can't be a top killer, he's too merciful. A killer can't have feeling. "Feeling will kill you." That's what his master told him. Staring at the hand he used to held gun, he stuck into his old memories.
This is just the introduction of my little story, but having the idea and being inspired more and more in the future. I am really excited to finish the story.

1 comment:

  1. Great post on journaling, Carrie. I have only tried this after completing my book, usually for character blog posts. Most times my books evolve from an idea or story question, and the characters evolve from that...except with Renner. He was Trey's partner in Journey's End, and I knew as soon as he hit the page that he'd star in his own book.
    Thanks for sharing your method, Carrie. I shall try this. :-)
    write-my-paper-for-cheap
    cheap-paper-writing-service
    Accounts Software For Small Business

    ReplyDelete