Friday, March 8, 2013

Trippe Blogpost Day 4

     Today at the AWP conference, I sat through a session about publishing a literary journal. I listened to 4 different authors of literary magazines talk about many things. Some of the topics touched upon were how to receive funding, how to acquire submissions, and how to get the word out about their literature. 3 of the speakers appeared to know what they were talking about, while the fourth seemed to be a total space cadet. He didn't really know what to say, or even that much about his topic. Though to be fair to him, it was not the most interesting thing to sit through. I probably would have chosen a different conference if I had known. It had important information pertaining to starting a literary journal, but I do not have any plans to do so anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment