Thursday, March 7, 2013

Siqi Wang From the Hamster Wheel to the sandbox

The session " From the Hamster wheel to sandbox: Dreams and Free Association, New Media, and playfulness in the writing classroom is actually a session for teachers. But I didn't know about that before I walked in, so I gained another experience  of seeing poetry and free writing from another sight- teachdr's sight. One of the speaker really gave me another idea of poetry. He talked about how playfulness is involved in poems. He said there is a great difference between first year graders' ideas and college students' ideas. First graders have loose mind, their mind is not stucked in a sepcific range. They spread their mind everywhere. But college students' work is usually damaged. Because they are only thinking of how can they make their poem the best, or this is a poem, it has to be good. They don't know how to play with poems anymore. This is the time that I notice that poem isn't something must to be fascinating. Just loose my mind then I can create a good poem too.

1 comment: